A very popular establishment, that operated for over a half a century, closed its doors in March, 2018. Photo is of the exterior of Doc's Pilchuck Tavern. Note chicken lower right. 3/3/2018.
Owner of the ”Doc Machias” FB page met with Jim Young’s widow, Audrey, and offered the following information: "The Original club was in the building just North of the current location. It was called Young's Place and was opened in the 1920's until the current building was built in 1956.